Because brunch is the best meal of the day and Chicago happens to be one of the best cities to visit, I decided to dedicate my first post to these two delightful topics. I have cultivated a list of my all time favorite places to get delicious truffle omelettes, lemon poppyseed pancakes, grapefruit mimosas and more.
1. Little Goat Diner - A retro diner in the West Loop that has a quaint atmosphere and unique eats.
Favorite menu item: The Little Goat Coffee, which they make with goat’s milk and some mystery ingredients that make it a little like a spicy mocha! So divine!
2. Southport Grocery and Cafe - Best in the summer so you can sit on their patio and enjoy the quint Southport corridor.
Favorite menu item: The Bruschetta, which includes eggs and sausage all piled on top of a crostini. Yum!
3. Cindy’s Rooftop - Perched on top of the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, this little number has great brunch cocktails and a killer view of The Bean and Millennium Park.
Favorite menu item: Lox and Bagels, a large platter with lots of lox, bountiful bagels and copious amounts of cream cheese.
4. 3 Arts Club Cafe - Located inside Restoration Hardware in Gold Coast, this eatery is relaxing, classy and makes me want to put olive trees and fountains inside my house (yes, inside).
Favorite menu item: The Bacon Club hits the spot everytime. I also love their Green No. 1 Juice.
5. Au Cheval - A dark and delicious place for a flavorful experience.
Favorite menu item: Foie gras & scrambled eggs is an amazing combo. Also, for an appetizer, get the bone marrow (you will soon come to find I recommend these often).
6. Summer House Santa Monica - Summer or Winter, you will feel like you are transported to sunny California when you walk into Summer House. This is especially helpful when you are fighting off the winter blues in mid-February in the midwest.
Favorite menu item: The Avocado Toast is delicious, but leave room for dessert because their baked goods are amazing. The cookies and muffins are massive and they even have delicious gluten free options.
7. The Hampton Social - From west coast to east coast, The Hampton Social has live acoustic on Saturdays and Sundays. Also, choose to sit in a hammock swing or under a plant wall that says “Rose all day.”
Favorite Menu item: The Ceviche hits the spot and so does the Crab Cake Benedict Plate.
8. The Allis - In the right wing lobby of Soho House Chicago, this brunching hot spot is well worth the visit even if you are not staying at SoHo House.
Favorite Menu item: The Allis Breakfast contains all of the best breakfast foods on one plate. Go there to see what I mean!
9. Bohemian House - Located in River North and eclectically decorated, this locale serves traditional European food with a delicious twist.
Favorite Menu item: Their menu changes often so it’s hard for me to choose my favorite thing! Their Spatzle is amazing if it is on the menu also their schnitzel sandwich is a phenomenal choice as well.
10. Nico Osteria - A brilliant atmosphere in the heart of Gold Coast, Nico Osteria has a unique vibe and the patio is an amazing place to people watch in the spring or summer months.
Favorite Menu item: The Nico Bowl is a unique way to eat rice and porchetta for breakfast. A meal that pairs well with a nice glass of prosecco or Aperol Spritz.